Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Indian09's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    I just read in the paper that they were a no show for thier Region D match. Why?
    Reeking of awesomeness!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jjkndn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    one of the players was ineligible...and instead of just forfeiting her matches, they made the whole team forfeit everything...they also had to turn over their LPD trophy..

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    Wonder why that situation wasn't handled the same way as the PV softball situation? ...doesn't seem quite fair to me, but I don't make the decisons.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_howdyho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2003
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    from what i have heard these are completely different situations....PV softball was cleared of all wrong doing! it was an issue that never happened!!

    I CANNOT speak of the kelly issue since i dont know what happened!!!!

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    It was one girl that was didn't make the grades so why not just take her off the the team and let some one take her place and carry on...but I remember how biased this bored is against Kelly so it doesn't surprise me.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Houndman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2005
    Posts
    422
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    You could do that for any sport if that were the rule.
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jjkndn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2004
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    i don't know the entire story for PV, but i think what was in question in that situation was only the 2nd semester --and even that was cleared up...but, with this girl from the tennis team, it was both semesters because she didn't make the grades either semester...and the tennis coach knew this and continued to let her play even after other players had brought it to his attention...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Houndman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2005
    Posts
    422
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    Sounds as if the AD and the coach didn't do their jobs very well if they allowed that to occur.
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

  9. #9
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    yeah i know...everyone hates kelly
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member vanilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: J.J. Kelly Girls Tennis

    Well speaking as a former Kelly tennis player I think this is obsurd! Kelly has had a tradition for having an excellent tennis team for years upon years. When I heard about the article I became very angry that the players had done something. But does it surprise me that Whited would let something like this slide... NO! First off was this girl even such a big aspect to the team for it to matter? My guess is no based on what I've seen. I do believe this girl should have been removed from the team but not let the rest of the team suffer for the coach's irresponsibility. All of her wins, if any at all, should be given to the other team as wins. I'm not sure if that would actually change any of the matches since I dont know the exact records. But still why punuish the entire team. Also I would advise all of her teamates to beat her up. I would simply for making Kelly's tennis team look bad but it turns out I could go to jail for that since she's a minor haha.

    To the rest of J.J. Kelly's girls tennis team: Congrats on a great season. Keep your heads up and good luck next year!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •